With Holiday season right around the corner many people will be busy in the kitchen baking delicious sweet goodies for friends and family. This one I’m sharing today is a favorite my mother use to make when I was a child.
There is a few different recipes to make this, but I’m sharing the quickest and easiest one I know. It can be made using milk chocolate, semi sweet chocolate, dark chocolate or white chocolate.
Sweetened Shredded Coconut ($1)
Bakers Chocolate of your choosing ($3.97)
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F
2. Pour your shredded coconut on a baking sheet and place in oven. Make sure to move it around and keep it in until the coconut is golden brown.
3. Place chocolate cubes in a microwave safe bowl and follow directions on the back
4. Once your coconut is golden and the chocolate is melted combine the two ingredients in the same bowl and mix until it’s evenly covered.
5. Use a table spoon to scoop the mixture into mini cupcake wrappers
6. Place in the fridge to let the chocolate set
I wing it when it comes to amounts of coconut and chocolate to use, but for this post I used 5 cubes of chocolate & almost the whole bag of shredded coconut. That made a total of 12 Chocolate Coconut Haystacks.