Today was a sick day in my house which was the perfect opportunity to test out the VeraTemp Non-Contact Digital Thermometer. My two little ones 2 1/2 and 5 years old both were running a slight fever and had other symptoms. In the past I’ve relied on the old method of placing your hand on your child’s forehead to check for a fever or using the regular digital thermometers which go under the armpit. I always have to struggle with my sick little one as they try to wiggle away and than I end up with an inaccurate reading. I would have to try again once they finally fall asleep and keep my fingers crossed that they stay asleep.
So, of course when I heard of VeraTemp Non-Contact Digital Thermometer I jumped at the chance to try it out and see how it works. It comes with a purple drawstring bag for storage and two VeraTemp AAA batteries and instructions to get you started.
– Required no over since it’s non contact
– 3 modes to choose from: Room temperature, Surface temperature and Body Temperature
– Quick & Easy to use
– Read temperature in either Fahrenheit or Celsius
– The memory holds up to 32 of your past readings for future reference
– Back lit LCD screen makes it easy to use at night
– Automatically turns off when not in use
– Color of the screen changes color depending on temperature
How To Use VeraTemp Non-Contact Digital Thermometer on yourself or child
1. Select “Scan” to turn on the thermometer and than select either °C/°F
2. Point the thermometer 2-3 inches away from the forehead and press “Scan”
3. The screen will either stay green, orange or turn red depending on the temperature
Forehead Temperature Range
Green Screen: 36°C to 37°C (97.3°F to 99.1°F)
Orange Screen: 37.4°C to 37.9°C (99.3°F to 100.2°F)
Red Screen: Greater than 38°C (100.4°F)
Note* By the time I took pictures I wasn’t able to capture the red screen. The picture below was my son after taking his fever reducer. The Green screen was my own temperature this morning.
I would recommend this easy to use & read thermometer to any parent. It’s great to take the temperature without bothering your little one if they are sleeping or just won’t allow you to get an accurate reading any other way. My kids love this since the screen changes colors allowing them to see the results. This will cost you $39.99
Where To Find Them Online
Facebook | Twitter | Official Site