If you’re looking for some fun attractions and events to attend this summer with your family you came to the right place. I have put together an on-going list of fun things to do this summer. Whether you’re looking for fun in the summer or taking a walk in the past this list has it all. Make summer 2014 the best yet.
Canada Day 2014 Celebrations
- It’s Your Festival (June 28-July 1st) Kick off your summer with the 45th Canada Day Celebrations at Gage Park in Hamilton, ON.
- Canada Day Fireworks at Bayfront & Pier 4 Parks. The fun starts at 6pm. The firework show starts at 10pm from North-west Bayfront Park.
- 5th Annual Oh Canada Ribfest. June 27th –July 1st
- July 1st @ Wild Water Works. Wear Red & White and get $3 off admission.
- Canada Day Pier 8 Skate Jam 2014. Enjoy music while having fun rollerskating on the outdoor rink at Pier 8.
Historical Sites & Art
- HMCS Haida, Take a tour of the last Tribal Class Destroyer Ship in the world.
- Canadian Warplane heritage Museum. See many Warplanes and Vintage Aircraft up close and first hand.
- McMaster Museum of Art
- Battle Field house Museum. Check out the battle re-enactment of the battle of Stoney Creek in 1813. This battle was part of the war of 1812.
- Art Gallery of Hamilton. The 3rd largest public art gallery in Ontario.
- Dundurn Castle. Visit the former home of Sir Allan Napier MacNab, former Prime Minister of Upper Canada. Also includes Hamilton Military Museum & Dundurn Park
Waterfront, Parks, Gardens & Splash/Spray Pads
- Royal Botanical Gardens. Enjoy the indoor and outdoor gardens.
- Van Wagner’s Beach. Enjoy your day in the sun at the beach.
- Grab a bite to eat to eat at Hutches located at Van Wagner’s Beach
- Binbrook Conservation Area. Explore nearly 1000 acres of natural landscape. Includes swimming, fishing, canoeing, windsurfing, hiking & splash pad
- Bruce Trail Conservancy
- Gage Park Water Spray Pad
- Bayfront Park. Spend the day in the park with your family.
- Wild Water Works. Looking to cool down during the hot summer heat? Relax on the lazy river or race down the slides.
- Sightseeing Cruises. Take a cruise through Pier 4 Park, Bayfront Park, high Level Bridge, Lasalle Park Marina, Skyway Bridge, Industrial Views, Port Facilities, HMCS Haida
- Did you know Hamilton is known for their many waterfalls? Check some of them out
- Little Rays Reptile Zoo
- African Lion Safari. Go Wild!
- Adventure Village Miniature golf, Batting cage, Krazy Kars, Rocky Mountain Climbing, Outdoor Laser Tag, Bungee Trampoline, Gemstone Mining
- Creeks & Creepy Crawlies Drop in and learn about lesser known creature found in creeks and streams and examine Live creepy crawlies * Free Event June 28th 2014
- 2014 Festival of friends. Check out some live music for free! Finger Eleven, Pam Tillis, Ronnie Hawkins, Down with Webster & Doc Walker. August 8th, 9th, 10th.
Do you have an special event or attraction you would like mentioned here? Comment below or contact me by e-mail